JSX Launches Seasonal Hop-on Flights to Monterey Between Burbank and Orange County in July
Crowd-Free, Worry-Free Flights Ensure Customer Safety and Minimize Travel Time
MONTEREY, CA, June 11, 2020 – As travelers regain confidence and dip their toes back into domestic travel once again as summer approaches, JSX—the revolutionary hop-on jet service redefining regional and short-haul travel—is introducing seasonal flights to Monterey from Burbank and Orange County. Tickets start at only $99 each way and are available for booking today at jsx.com for flights beginning July 2, 2020.
With four new round-trip flights a week to Monterey from private terminals at both Orange County’s John Wayne Airport and Hollywood Burbank Airport on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, JSX provides a safe, worry-free form of travel for those seeking a short weekend getaway to the beautiful California coastal city.
“Many Californians are eager to travel in their own backyard this summer as restrictions ease and cities reopen, and will likely seek short distance, short duration getaways over far-flung journeys as they regain confidence,” says JSX CEO Alex Wilcox. “We’re excited to resume our plans of offering a quick and crowd-free alternative to commercial air travel to this beautiful and iconic California coastal city.”
With safety and security top of mind, the crowd-free jet service has implemented social distancing since its inception in 2016. Flights are capped at 30 people, and JSX has recently launched a cutting-edge safety and security initiative called ‘JSX Simpli-Fly’ program, which includes:
- First public U.S. air carrier to implement SafePointe TSS (Temperature Screening System) ®, a real-time A.I.-enabled thermal screening system that accurately detects elevated body temperatures without the customer stopping to look at a camera or device
- Increased aircraft and lounge sterilization throughout the day
- 2×1 seating configuration with a minimum of 36-inch pitch and no middle seats or overhead bins
- Advanced air circulation system with newly installed HEPA filters on every plane
- Seamless check-in to boarding procedures that take no more than 20 minutes, minimizing dwell time
- TSA-level security without the shared plastic security bins or removing shoes
- Fast deplaning and limited bag handling, with bags delivered moments after arrival
- Free amenities for all customers including two checked bags, drinks, snacks, and complimentary cocktails inflight––no credit card exchanges needed
Hop-on service from Burbank and Orange County will commence on July 2, 2020 with daily roundtrip flights on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.
For additional information and to purchase tickets visit jsx.com.
Founded in 2016, JSX is a hop-on jet service that is faster on the ground, more comfortable in the air and competitively priced with flights starting from $89 each way. Recently honored by Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) as the 2020 “Best Overall Regional” air carrier in North America and by Fast Company as one of the “Most Innovative Companies” of 2020, JSX offers many industry-leading features including:
- Arrive just 20 minutes before the flight from private jet terminals with no long check-in lines or waiting at crowded gates;
- A quick, effortless security process that far exceeds TSA requirements; including thermal and weapons screening
- Valet parking, contact-less car rentals, and beautifully appointed lounges with free WiFi;
- A bright, spacious, modern cabin interior, featuring:
- 30 comfortable leather seats, each with legroom comparable to domestic airlines’ business-class service and no middle seats;
- Power outlets at every row;
- Free amenities for all customers including two checked bags, drinks, snacks, and complimentary cocktails inflight;
- Deplaning and baggage retrieval within minutes of arrival
- Extensive sterilization of lounges and aircraft
JSX flights may be booked directly through www.jsx.com, the newly launched JSX mobile app, or through codeshare partner JetBlue on multiple online travel sites.
JSX currently serves six destinations daily from Burbank (BUR), Orange County (SNA), Oakland (OAK), East Bay/Napa/Concord (CCR), Las Vegas (LAS), and Phoenix (PHX) as well as seasonal and pop-up service to Mammoth Lakes, Monterey, and Coachella Valley.
JSX’s luxuriously appointed Embraer 135 and 145 jets may also be chartered for group trips, corporate events or other travel. For a custom quote, contact 800-iFLYJSX.
About Monterey Regional Airport Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) is Monterey County’s only commercial airport and accommodates over 400,000 passengers each year. The airport services eight nonstop markets with an average of 15 daily departures. We are committed to providing our customers with superior services in a safe, secure, professional environment. Be sure to visit www.montereyairport.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @montereyairport.