The Monterey Peninsula and its Many Attractions are Just a Short Flight Away Through the Monterey Regional Airport This Summer
MONTEREY, CA, March 20, 2023 – The Monterey Peninsula and its many attractions, beautiful beaches, world-class golf, award-winning wineries, spectacular hiking, renowned music festivals and more, beckon travelers with short, affordable two-hour flights from Seattle, Dallas and Phoenix to the Monterey Regional Airport.
Getting in and out of Monterey Regional Airport is a breeze, with no long lines, traffic hassles or confusing signs guiding you to your destination. The airport is just minutes away from one of the main highways leading in and out of Monterey, taking you to Carmel, Pebble Beach, Salinas, Carmel Valley, Big Sur and other Central Coast destinations.
And fares for these flights are surprisingly affordable. The Monterey Regional Airport often suffers from the perception that their fares are dramatically higher than much larger, busier airports, but that is not often the case. Fares are very competitive with other airports, even larger ones, which is one more reason to use Monterey as your travel destination.
Here are 10 reasons to visit Monterey County this summer:
1. Beautiful beaches. Stroll along coastal shores, including the world-famous white sand beach of Carmel-by-the-Sea.
2. Award-winning wineries. With convenient tasting rooms in Carmel, Carmel Valley and the renowned Santa Lucia Highlands near Salinas.
3. Annual community events and music festivals. Choose from the popular California Roots Music and Arts Festival, Pacific Grove’s Good Old Days community festival and the Artichoke Festival celebrating the tasty thistle.
4. Big Sur. The 26-mile drive from Carmel along the rugged coastline to this idyllic getaway is worth the effort.
5. World-class golf. Famous links such as Pebble Beach, Carmel Valley Ranch, Spanish Bay and much more, all within minutes of the airport.
6. Shopping. Carmel is internationally renowned for its shops and restaurants, but Monterey’s Cannery Row and Fisherman’s Wharf are also high on discerning shoppers’ lists.
7. Monterey Bay Aquarium. One of the world’s finest aquariums, which has been featured extensively in nature documentaries and even in feature films. It’s a must-do for any traveler to Monterey.
8. Hiking. Monterey County has some of the most scenic hiking trails on the Central Coast, from Carmel Valley to Big Sur, with spectacular coastal views on many of them.
9. Automotive events. With the famed Laguna Seca Raceway located halfway between Monterey and Salinas, the area is known for its automotive events, including historic car races, million-dollar auctions, stunning exhibits of the best in chrome and steel, all culminating in late August with the prestigious Concours d’Elegance in Pebble Beach.
10. Award-winning restaurants. The Monterey Peninsula is home to some of the best and highest rated restaurants in the country, from Carmel and Monterey to Pebble Beach and Big Sur. The choices are almost endless.
So, whatever reason (or many reasons) you travel to the Monterey Peninsula, the Monterey Regional Airport can be your launching point for a memorable summer getaway.
About Monterey Regional Airport Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) is Monterey County’s only commercial airport and accommodates over 450,000 passengers each year. The airport serves eight nonstop markets. We are committed to providing our customers with superior services and a convenient, hassle-free experience in a safe, secure, professional environment. Be sure to visit montereyairport.com or follow @montereyairport on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.